Al Pacino Biography
- Born: 25-04-1940
- Birth Place: New York, USA
- His nickname is Sonny.
- He is 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- Al has never been married.
- Before he got into acting, Al worked in the mail room at Commentary magazine.
- Was once arrested for carrying a concealed weapon.
- Al is a huge opera fan.
- Al is a great fan of Shakespeare’s plays, and goes to live performances whenever he can.
- Al won his first Oscar 21 years after he was first nominated.
- Al smoked two packs of cigarettes a day until 1994, when he gave up smoking in order to protect his voice. He now occasionally smokes herbal cigarettes.
- Al shares a birthday with Talia Shire, who co-starred with him in The Godfather.
- When Francis Ford Coppola asked Al why he wouldn’t take a part in Apocalypse Now, Pacino told him, “I will do anything for you, but I won’t go to war for you.”
- In 1997, Empire magazine rated Al No. 4 in the Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time.
- Al received a star on the UK’s Walk of Fame on 16 October 1997.
- Al’s trademark is his smoke-burnished voice and volcanic tirade.
- Al has a production company called Chal Productions. The “ch” is in honour of his friend Charlie Laughton, and the “Al” is for himself.
- In a Playboy magazine article, he claimed he was fired from his job as a movie usher while walking down the staircase and admiring himself in the mirrored wall.