Billy Bob Thornton Biography
(William Robert Thornton)
- Born: 04-08-1955
- Birth Place: Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Is frequently photographed wearing a Houston Colt 45 baseball cap, which has become his trademark.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in October 2004.
- Has numerous tattoos, with at least 6 on his arms, and also on his lower back and hip.
- Owns a penthouse in Paris.
- Has five children: Amanda, William, Henry James, Maddox (adopted) and Bella.
- Gave up smoking after completing 'The Man Who Wasn’t There'.
- Has said that, of all the characters he’s played, his favourite was Davy Crockett in 'The Alamo'.
- He and Dwight Yoakam have their own production company.
- Gained about 50 lbs for his role as the auto mechanic in U-turn.
- Narrated the 2006 St. Louis Cardinals World Series DVD.
- In his contract for each film he does, there is a provision which states that he must have a television with a satellite link so that he can watch the St. Louis Cardinals when they are in season.
- Brad Pitt is now the adoptive father of Thornton’s son Maddox.
- Has been married five times, and has five children.