Brad Pitt Biography
(William Bradley Pitt)
- Born: 18-12-1963
- Birth Place: Shawnee, Oklahoma
- Height: 5’ 11” (1.80m).
- High school nickname: Brad the Pitt-bull.
- Favourite movies: ‘Planet of the Apes’ (1968) and ‘Saturday Night Fever’ (1977).
- First job was handing out free cigarette samples, dressed as a chicken.
- Posed for a campus calendar whilst at university.
- Is a keen collector of Taylor guitars, which he also plays.
- Landed his first starring role in a feature film in 1988, as Rick in ‘Dark Side of the Sun’. However, civil war broke out in Yugoslavia where the film was being shot and most of the footage was lost. It was found again in 1997, when the film was finally released.
- Is a vegetarian.
- Owns a house in picturesque Carmel-by-the-Sea, California.
- Nominated Sexiest Man Alive by People Magazine in 1995 and again in 2000, the only man to have received this title twice.
- Sued Playgirl Magazine for publishing nude paparazzi shots of him cavorting with Gwyneth Paltrow in a Caribbean holiday hideaway.
- Was banned from entering China for his role in 'Seven Years in Tibet' (1997).
- Selected as one of the 25 Sexiest Stars in Film History by Empire magazine in 1995.
- Known to smoke marijuana, which he did on the set of ‘Ocean’s Twelve’ (2004) in a coffee shop in Amsterdam.
- Turned down roles in: ‘Apollo 13’ (1995), ‘The Chamber’ (1996), ‘The Devil’s Advocate’ (1997), ‘The Matrix’ (1999), ‘Almost Famous’ (2000), ‘American Psycho’ (2000), ‘The Bourne Identity’ (2002) and ‘Alexander’ (2004).
- In an ironic twist of fate, Pitt tore his Achilles tendon whilst filming ‘Troy’ (2004), playing the role of Achilles. This had a knock-on effect, causing the delay of filming for ‘Oceans Twelve’ (2004).
- Appeared in an episode of MTV’s 'Jackass' in which he participated in a staged abduction of himself and, along with other cast members, ran wild in the streets of Los Angeles, wearing gorilla suits.
- Is a Manchester United Football Club fan.
- Was the voice of Patch Boomhauer in a 2003 episode of ‘King of the Hill’.
- Successfully sued Damiani International for selling replica ‘Brad and Jennifer’ wedding rings. Pitt maintained it was his design and to be exclusive.
- Secretly took Greek language lessons, to surprise his then-wife Jennifer Aniston, who is of Greek ancestry.