Dolly Parton Biography
(Dolly Rebecca Parton)
- Born: 19-01-1946
- Birth Place: Sevierville, Tennessee, USA
- Is a petite 5’ 0” (152 cm)
- Is well known for the size of her ample chest, which has claimed much attention throughout her career. She is quite ready to parody herself about it.
- Always uses butterflies as her logo, as they represent beauty and freedom to her.
- Is partly of Irish descent.
- Became one of the few celebrities to have their own pinball machine in 1978. It was made by Bally Manufacturing Company and played Parton’s No.1 single 'Here You Come Again' when the machine was active. It is now highly sought after by those collecting Dolly Parton memorabilia.
- Dolly the sheep, the world’s first successfully cloned mammal, was named after her, because it was cloned from a mammary cell and Parton is known for her ample breasts.
- Her breasts are reported to be insured for $600 000, something she publicly denies.
- Created her song “Nine to Five” by tapping it out with her nails whilst on the set of the same name.
- Her late father was one of 15 children and her mother, one of ten.
- Has turned down many offers to pose naked for Playboy magazine, and jokes that she will do it on her 100th birthday.